Rust Distributed Systems Engineer
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
WalletConnect is the open-source web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps. Any wallet, any dapp, any chain. Starting in 2018, our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone. Every month, millions of people use WalletConnect in thousands of integrations. We raised ~$25M from venture investors including 1kx and Coinbase as well as from customers such as Shopify and Circle. We are growing fast both in terms of features and users.
To learn more about our plans for 2.0, take a look at our presentation at EthCC.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Cloud team which is responsible for the entire backend at WalletConnect. As a member of the Cloud team you will deliver new software in Rust, Typescript, and Go and deploy it to AWS, CloudFlare, GCP, and others. You will instrument and operate the software using Prometheus, Grafana, and Opsgenie. You, in tandem with your teammates, will be in charge of maintaining the system. You will write proposals for new features, apps, and bug fixes and when present those proposals to your team mates, across teams, or the entire company depending on the scope.
Some of the software is or will be decentralized.
- Conceptualize new features and share your ideas concisely in written form and collect peer feedback
- Write new and improve existing software in Rust (some software in Python,Typescript)
- Build and deploy infrastructure using Terraform/AWS/Grafana/Opsgenie/Prometheus
- Plan and implement metrics/monitors and operate the Cloud team’s services
- Experience in Rust is a must, TypeScript/Go experience is a plus
- Strong networking skills
- Strong AWS (or other cloud provider) experience and Terraform/CDK/equivalent is a plus
- Experience in monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Datadog, CloudWatch, or other
- SQL skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Solid Linux and networking skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing production services
- Experience in decentralized systems and libraries e.g. libp2p is a plus
- Fully remote position with flexible timezone
- Competitive salary
- Company equity