Node.js Engineer (DevOps Hybrid)
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
Rolla is building a cutting edge DeFi Options trading protocol that’s extremely user-friendly, designed to bring high yield generation strategies to everyone in crypto, while abstracting the complexities of DeFi and derivatives.
Our team is a tenacious, geeky and optimistic group, working towards a decentralized financial future. You’ll be joining a highly technical team that values shipping beautiful, usable products to give people real control over their financial future. Our team members from Sushi, Polygon, BitTorrent, Adyen and commit to top 10 web2 and web3 core repos.
We’re also backed by the top investors and option market makers in the cryptocurrency space that believe in our vision. At Rolla, you’ll have access to industry leaders, developers, exchanges and traders to collaborate and engage with as you pioneer the next frontier of DeFi.
As Rolla’s Node.js/DevOps engineer you will primarily be responsible for building out our Node.js infrastructure, backend services as well as owning our small but important DevOps needs. However, the primary focus would be Node.js.
- 1+ years in a SRE / DevOps
- 2+ years in Node.js development
- Experience working with security critical systems
- Experience with automating existing processes and streamlining the way teams work
- Experience with Crypto / Blockchain / Web3 / Ethereum applications or systems
- Fluent in English
- Asian timezone
- Developing backend services and features in Node.js
- Managing cloud-based infrastructure and containers (Kubernetes)
- Automating and streamlining existing processes to aid the development team
- Continuously be finding ways to build a more scalable and higher quality architecture and platform
- A truly rare opportunity to work on the bleeding edge of the future of decentralized derivative trading. You’ll be building products with the potential to give millions of people trustless yield on their money
- Great culture: highly ambitious, smart, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Top fixed compensation and token options. Get an early share of Rolla’s future token and be able to participate in Rolla’s upcoming DAO
- Flexible work hours and location, with the ability to work in person (preferred) with team members in Asia
- World Class investors. We’re backed by the top VC’s in crypto and you’ll have access to industry experts
Write to us if you
- Have a strong entrepreneurial mentality vs a 9-to-5 mindset. Be prepared to work non-standard hours. We are a high growth startup operating in crypto
- Owner attitude, you focus on the ultimate result for the company, both short term and long-term growth
- Tenacious, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
- A deep love for problem solving and seeing the results of your work
Tips for your application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and this space; this is not for someone who is just looking for “a job” or pursues purely mercenary objectives
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Rolla generally and your specific role in particular
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions. If you don’t have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable
- Do your basic homework on what option trading is