Web3 Frontend Engineer
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
We are on the lookout for a Senior Frontend Engineer with expertise in Web development with experience in Web3 to join our team. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll be responsible for creating user-friendly web3 applications that are build on top of React. You have a keen interest in creating polished user interfaces by working closely with designers and producing high quality code. You will also be collaborating with the backend development team to ensure smooth integration and provide guidance on front-end design and implementation.
🪄 What you will do
- Design and develop user interfaces for web3 applications using React, Next.js, and Web3 technologies
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to integrate the front-end with the blockchain technology and also contribute to the back-end code base in typescript
- Work with the product design team to ensure that the user interface is consistent with the design system. We follow the atomic design methodology
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Web3 and front-end development trends and reflect best-practices
👩🏽🚀 Who you are
- You have many years of experience working with React, Next.js and TypeScript.
- You have a couple of years of experience working with web3 wallets, signatures and interaction with smart contracts
- You have experience with building a component library — we use Atomic Design methodology
- You’re passionate about Web3
- You are a strong communicator and thrive working in a team
- You have worked in a remote/hybrid setup before and are comfortable with it
- You’ve worked in a startup or an early stage company
- You bring other skills to the table — tell us your superpowers
🤓 Interview process
- Screening interview (30 mins)
- Live pairing session (1 hour)
- System design interview (1 hour)
- Product interview (30 mins)
🦦 About Otterspace
Otterspace’s mission is to enable trustless coordination in the decentralized internet by building the rails for platformless status and reputation. The Otterspace Protocol enables anyone to create and issue revocable and expirable non-transferable Badges, and our API and application provide a frictionless environment for developers and non-developers alike. In the coming months we are investing in both core platform infrastructure and important application improvements like wallet abstraction.
The Otterspace app and protocol are used by dApps, DAOs, and communities including Bankless DAO, Cabin, Token Engineering Academy, Developer DAO, Decentraland, and many more.
We work in a hybrid manner, spending our day-to-day mostly working from home and coming together every quarter for hack weeks, offsites, retreats, and conferences. Our working style is based on asynchronous collaboration, trust, autonomy, and ownership. As an early-stage startup, we value generalists who are excited to build something from scratch and appreciate a fast-paced and fast-changing environment as we navigate our path to product-market fit.
Otterspace was founded in the spring of 2022 by Rahul Rumalla, Emily Furlong, and Ben Dobbrick, and funded by leading investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Cherry Crypto, and Coinbase with a USD 3.7M investment. Our team of 8 is mostly based in Europe and has a small co-working space in Berlin.
💝 Perks & benefits
- We’re a remote-friendly and hybrid company with currently an office hub in Berlin
- Virtual Stock Ownership Plan (VSOP)
- 28 days PTO annually
- Generous learning & development support
- Regular retreats, offsites, conferences & hackathons with the team. Previously we have been to DevCon 6 Bogota, DAO Camp, ETH CC, 3-day offsite in Brandenburg etc
- We provide device support to ensure best working setup
- Weekly paid company lunches
- Paid gym membership
About remote - We’re based in Berlin, Germany but we’re open to remote working agreements as long as +/- 3 hours of difference from CEST or with someone willing to work with our core hours i.e., 9am to 6pm CEST. Benefits may vary by employment type and country of residence.