Head of Community Growth
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
Linera was founded to bring web2's scalability and quality of service to web3.
Linera is building a layer-1 blockchain protocol that brings the elastic scaling of web2 to web3. Based on research at Meta/Facebook, Linera has received $6M in seed funding from top investors including a16z crypto, Cygni Capital, Kima Ventures, and Tribe Capital. Since then, we have continued to grow our team and our developer community.
Community is a key element of the Linera project. In this role, you’ll help Linera cultivate its community across its online channels, support developers as they build on Linera, and work with the founding team to build the foundations for future growth of the Linera ecosystem.
Learn more about Linera: linera.io/overview
The Linera Community: Global community of lifelong learners
Alongside our world-class infrastructure, our online community has grown organically. We are a global community of lifelong learners looking to build the next generation of web3 applications. Sharing Linera’s values of quality, curiosity, and long-term impact, we hope to foster relationships that start with building on Linera and go beyond.
You will be most people’s first introduction to the Linera community. As a representative of the Linera brand, you will educate others about Linera and engage with our community. You’ll collaborate with the founding team to help inform features, design programs, and help grow and shape the direction of our community.
- Grow the Linera community by engaging with other web3 and Rust developer communities.
- Identify and manage opportunities to increase brand awareness of Linera through podcasts, conferences, PR, partnerships, and other channels.
- Work closely with the COO and the Ecosystem team on foundational projects, such as developing a streamlined new member experience, setting up our Ambassador / Moderator program, and other developer education programs.
- Listen for feedback from developers to inform future features, surface industry and market trends, and track online sentiments to help shape the direction of Linera’s growth. Present findings to the broader Linera team.
- Engage with the technical and non-technical community on Twitter, Telegram, and Discord. Share product updates, answer questions, and point people to the right resources. Keep our online communities safe and positive places for developers to build.
- Build community through regular engagement. Create social media content and provide input on community events and marketing campaigns. Host AMA’s and other online events. Set up event landing pages, instrumentation, marketing funnels, and email marketing campaigns.
- Represent Linera at online and offline events as needed.
This role is Remote with most team members in the US and EMEA time zones. This role has a lot of room for career growth as the team and Linera community grows.
You will be a fantastic fit for this role if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Business, Social Sciences, or Engineering
- You have 2-4+ years of prior experience in Community Management with a blockchain startup; open source or developer-facing project; L1, L2, or other protocol; DAO; or other web3 project.
- You have experience in content creation and community management on Twitter, Discord, and Telegram with 1000+ followers.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are comfortable with technical concepts and technical integrations.
- You are able to use social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Discord, Telegram, and YouTube); content creation tools, website and email marketing, and instrumentation (e.g. Photoshop, Tweetdeck, Squarespace, and other similar tools); and video communication tools (e.g. Zoom, Luma, and other similar platforms).
- You enjoy hosting groups or audiences and/or you’re an educator, such as prior experience as an emcee, DJ, camp counselor, teacher, facilitator, manager, or instructor. Maybe you’ve read The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker or watched her TED Talk, or you like hosting parties or organizing events.
It would also be great if:
- You are able to speak and write in at least one other language (especially EMEA / APAC)
- You have created educational content about the blockchain space, such as blog posts or videos.
- You have your own brand, followers, and professional relationships in the blockchain, web3, and/or developer spaces.
- You have a strong aesthetic sense and eye for visual design.
- You’re able to travel to select industry and team events (max 3-4x/year).
How you work:
- You have strong organizational skills. You are able to support multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate across different time zones, and work across cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product, Business stakeholders.
- You are very familiar with the crypto/web3 space. You are long-term bullish on web3.
- You are creative and adaptable, a problem-solver able to manage changes in direction and situations that come up.
- You believe in the best in others. You can manage yourself and others under pressure. You listen well to others, are firm and fair, and help others feel appreciated and heard.
We invite you to apply:
Don’t meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply. We’re willing to work with talented team members who are eager to learn and resonate with the Linera project.
Note: This role is *not* for Moderator / Ambassador. Those are separate programs we hope to have in the future. Follow us on Twitter to keep with the Linera project.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Head of Community Growth.” Please include:
- Your Resume or Portfolio. If available, we’d love to see samples of your prior work, such as links to other online communities you’ve managed, writing samples (blog posts, online articles, email newsletters, landing page copy, or social posts), or any videos you’ve created.
- 1 short paragraph sharing with us more about your interest and why you’d be a good fit. Visit our Twitter page and our Telegram discussion group for a sense of our community, voice, and vibe.
If you are interested, reach out to email@example.com with the subject line “Head of Community Growth.” We look forward to meeting you and collaborating with you to build Linera and its global community.