If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
About the Index Coop
The Index Coop is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) and the largest provider of on-chain structured decentralized finance (DeFi) products. We currently offer sector, leverage and yield-generating products via ERC-20 tokens that are accessible, secure and simple to use. Index Coop distributes its products on-chain and via partners such as 1inch, Argent, Bitgo, Fireblocks, Gemini, Zapper and Zerion.
We’re backed by some of the most innovative VCs in the crypto/DeFi space including Sequoia, 1kx, 1confirmation, Galaxy Digital, White Star Capital, Assembly Capital Partners and others.
We’re a small, passionate team that has been working together for about two years.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a writer and researcher who can produce expert, thought-leadership content for us on the topics of DeFi, on-chain structured products, risk, yield, leverage, and digital asset investment strategies generally.
About You/Must Haves
- You have written and published deeply researched writing for a TradFi or DeFi publication, project or protocol
- You consistently demonstrate keen attention to detail and deliver clean, polished copy
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with designers, social media managers, and other colleagues to prepare and package your writing for publication
- You are passionate about the promise of DeFi and a fairer financial system
- You are comfortable writing long-form heavily researched whitepapers (5000-7000 words) and short-form blogs and newsletters (500-700 words)
- You have worked as a professional journalist for a financial publication
- You know how to access data from sources in DeFi and use Etherscan, Dune, etc
- You can manage and manipulate data in Excel, iPython notebooks, SQL, etc
- You’ve contributed to a DAO before
- You’re familiar with Asana or other similar project management tools
- You are comfortable representing Index Coop via public speaking opportunities, at conferences or on podcasts, while also engaging with interested journalists
- You have a robust social media presence
- Writing and publishing deeply researched quarterly whitepapers
- Researching and writing blog posts for weekly publication
- Plan and coordinate the creation of graphs, infographics and other images with the assistance of our graphic designer
- Occasionally writing and publishing our newsletter (as vacation coverage)
- Incorporating edits and feedback into all copy/content
How we’ll work together
- You’ll report to our Head of Marketing, and work collaboratively with our small team of 4 other marketing professionals.
- We are fully remote, you can be located in North, Central or South America or Western Europe. We could consider Western Africa. We cannot accommodate time zones in Asia or Oceania at this time.
- We primarily use Asana, Discord, Zoom, Notion and Google Docs to work together
- $120,000 per annum paid to an 0x address each month. You will be paid as an independent contractor/contributor to the Index Coop DAO.
- As a core contributor to the Index Coop you will be a co-owner of the protocols and receive .43% of INDEX tokens vesting linearly over 3 years. These liquid tokens can be used to participate in DAO governance.
- Unlimited vacation (with minimum required vacation of 3 weeks per year, and 4-5 weeks vacation encouraged!)
Our Application Process
- We will review all submitted applications. Those who are a good fit will proceed to a short phone interview
- After the phone interview you will have two more substantive interviews with members of the marketing team
- Finalists will be asked to complete a short, paid, writing exercise