Senior DevOps Engineer
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
Chronicle Labs is funded by MakerDAO and is responsible for the development and adoption of the Chronicle Protocol, a decentralized blockchain-agnostic infrastructure layer for data.
Chronicle Oracles act as arbiters of trust that provide data with integrity and censorship guarantees to blockchain applications. Chronicle Oracles have been live since 2016 and secure over $10B in MakerDAO as well as other top DeFi protocols.
Our team is looking for a seasoned DevOps Engineer to fill a critical leadership role in the team. You will be responsible for rearchitecting our infrastructure end-to-end and sharing you wealth of knowledge with the team so we are up to date with industry best practices. We are still a lean team, so this role is for someone who enjoys being hands-on and having full ownership and autonomy over their work. You are the expert. We want to get out of your way and let you do what you do best.
What you’ll work on
- Ensure the availability, reliability, resiliency, and latency of our Oracle services.
- Infrastructure automation. Design, set up, and maintain Infrastructure as Code, providing automated provisioning and orchestration of internal development, staging, and production services using Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and similar technologies.
- Manage virtual network infrastructure through our cloud providers such as AWS, including DNS/domain management, firewall and load balancing services.
- Orchestrate the deployment, monitoring, and uptime of various blockchain RPC nodes including Ethereum, Optimism, Arbitrum, Binance SmartChain, Polygon, zkSync, Starknet, Avalanche, and Fantom.
- Manage virtual servers running a variety of services including React, MongoDB and Redis databases, API servers, as well as various scripts and bots.
- Manage logging, monitoring, detection, and recovery infrastructure, ensuring the continued integrity, availability, and security of internal and production systems.
- Schedule and execute OS and service patches and upgrades, keeping our infrastructure up-to-date and protected against security vulnerabilities.
- Select, secure, and manage administrative cloud services such as AWS, Google G-Suite, Github, Grafana, Notion, Shortcut, etc., to support internal operations.
- Operate the internal support desk for these services. Investigate and troubleshoot issues and clearly communicate incident reports.
- Work with development teams to identify and implement which metrics are important to monitor and their alerting thresholds.
- Collaborate with development teams and QA engineers, supporting release pipelines with continuous integration and deployment of our platform and products.
- Inform and implement the Chronicle security strategy and policies. Create a culture of awareness and support the Chronicle teams in creating a secure, distributed working environment.
- Most AWS services; other cloud providers is a plus;
- Linux system administration and shell scripting;
- Infrastructure automation and Configuration Management tools;
- Ability to design, implement, maintain and collaborate on Infrastructure as Code (Terraform);
- Deploy services to Container Clusters (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS);
- Monitoring, Observability, Debugging and Performance tuning (Prometheus, Grafana);
- On-call experience (PagerDuty);
- Git/GitHub knowledge - usage and administration of multiple Organisations;
- Conceptual and implementational knowledge of CI/CD (GitHub Actions);
- Experience with disaster recovery implementation and strategies; and
- Interpersonal skills working with stakeholders at different technical levels and backgrounds
You will stand out if
- Knowledge of Web3 and a keen interest to learn more.
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment.
- Experience working and collaborating in a distributed digital native environment (Discord, Notion, GitHub, Shortcut).
- Past experience managing Blockchain RPC nodes
What We Offer
An opportunity to work with veterans in the crypto space building on the bleeding edge of technology. Working on supporting some of the largest initiatives in Web3.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible payment options: USD / EUR / DAI
- Cryptocurrency bonuses
- 6 weeks vacation
- Remote working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Three offsites per year to meet up with the team
Remote: EU (CET) preferred