Web3 Technical Project Manager Infrastructure/ DevOps
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
ChainSafe is a leading blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure solutions for the decentralized web. Alongside its contributions to significant ecosystems such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, Mina, and more, ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
To learn more about ChainSafe, look at our Discord, GitHub, and website.
Here’s what you need to know before reading on:
- Our progressive tech stack includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, and Gossamer
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the community's vital importance and contributes to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
Who we need
The Technical Project Manager Infrastructure is responsible for overseeing the development and management of ChainSafe's infrastructure services, ensuring they are reliable, scalable, and secure.
You will work with internal stakeholders and also directly with our clients from various blockchain projects and ecosystems, running mission-critical nodes on different blockchain networks, including live staking infrastructure.
This role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers and operations to ensure the delivery and service quality meet the needs of our customers and the business.
- You will be responsible for the successful setup, delivery and maintenance of blockchain infrastructure operations, including overall service quality and economic efficiency
- Be the main point of contact with our partners such as Lido or the Ethereum Foundation for alignment on roadmaps, status updates, requirements, priorities, etc.
- Participation in community governance discussions, meetings, voting and advocating for web3 values
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and Engineers to proactively improve infrastructure needs: monitoring systems and metrics, business continuity plans, incident response procedures, automation, new tooling, server upgrades, etc
- Facilitating communication between cross-functional teams and lead project management rituals such as stand-up, sprint planning, & retrospectives
- Proactively resolve or escalate any issues to minimize the impact on client satisfaction, team morale or service quality
- Develop a deep understanding of the project & corresponding blockchain networks
- Hold regular 1:1s with engineers to ensure the team is happy, engaged, and works together cohesively
- Good understanding of DevOps and experience running 24x7 infrastructure services
- Technical understanding of distributed systems and/or blockchain technology
- Knowledge and experience with relevant IT operations processes like incident management, problem management and risk management
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- High service mentality and passion for problem-solving to go above and beyond to serve internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate trade-offs and make effective decisions
- High level of emotional intelligence & empathy
- A passion for open-source software, blockchain technology and distributed governance
- Experience running and using blockchain node software
- An entrepreneurial mindset
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for blockchain, open source and infrastructure, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
If you feel like you’re the perfect fit for the role, please apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute Technical interview with the team lead.
- Then, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute values interview with one of our project managers or someone else from the organization.
- Lastly, candidates will be asked to complete a technical task in under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.