Senior DevOps Engineer
If you want to increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job, here are some best practices to follow:
✅ Make sure your resume is up-to-date and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
✅ Research the company and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and culture.
✅ Brush up on web3 fundamentals: CLICK HERE
Our mission is to make markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We have built an optimistic oracle for web3, and are building a robust ecosystem around that core solution. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our team. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system. If you’re a servant leader who values the ability to help other people excel, this is a role for you. You’ll be a heavily relied on individual by the engineering team, and the organization at large.
- Managing a growing cloud infrastructure stack on GCP
- Designing and managing permissioning systems across our cloud infrastructure and other relevant systems
- Improving and building out CD pipelines
- Managing and securing DNS
- Owning alerting systems and processes (currently based on Pagerduty)
- Manually managing much of the above responsibilities and automating them over time to allow the organization to continuously expand the scope of these activities
Skill and Qualifications
- 4+ years as a sysadmin, systems engineer, site reliability engineer, reliability engineer, or related role in a professional setting
- Experience with Cloud Provider infrastructure, preferably GCP
- Experience with secrets management
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash or Python
- Experience using, configuring, and managing custom and open source software
- Passion for automation
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that shows we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
- Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn talent from Google, Ernst & Young, IBM and Goldman Sachs. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
- We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about building impactful tools to make finance more equitable.
- UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
- You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.